Friday, September 17, 2010

JUST ADD SYMPATHY

No one likes to make Sympathy cards, and next to cards for Men, I find these the hardest.  If you want some great ideas to strike just the right note, then head over to JUST ADD INK this week for some lovely, but sympathetic ideas in challenge #35!

I have used a gorgeous new Stamp set called "Every Moment" for my card.  This was originally a line art stamp, but I have used my markers to colour it in and make it a silhouette instead.  I think it sets just the right tone against my sponged background.  I have kept the colours muted but you could really use any colour you wanted.  For a bit of added interest, I decided to lay the bow on it's side and use that as the only embellishment.  I am really pleased with the over all effect.  What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. Paula I love how you have coloured in the outline black. I havent been a big fan of this stamp set but I think you are changing my mind. Love the ribbon treatment how it draws you back into the card while the stamped inmage is pulling your eye forward gives the card so much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking, Paula. Love how you've done the silhouette, and your bow is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula, this is a stunning card, i love everything about it thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still speechless Paula - this is super lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just absolutely stunning! I'm going to have to case ... Thanks for sharing!! Sharlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Paula! And, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very soothing card - perfect card for a very difficult time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect, Paula! Love the colour of that ribbon ... and it adds a tiny touch of pretty to a serious card. Love that sponging. Must try some more for myself. Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful card Paula. Love how you have used the bird & reed image - it works perfectly with your background scene. Great colours too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥