Wednesday, September 8, 2010

IS WINTER OVER YET?

I really thought Spring had begun with a few beautiful days in a row at the beginning of September, but no, it hasn't!  We are back to winter again.  So I thought I would share a card I taught a class a couple of weeks ago.  I have called it Winter Reflection, because that is the technique I taught to my girls.  What do you think?

While I have gently sponged the sky and water in Bashful Blue, I created the banks of the river by flicking the edge of my ink pad along the Whisper White cardstock.  It gets the image a completely diffent look than if I had masked it instead.

I have also been lucky enough to recieve a Blog Award from the lovely Lyn Fox - Thanks Lyn!  Pop on over to Lyn's blog and check out her gorgeous work.  I was lucky enough to meet Lyn when I went to Australia in May for the Stampin; Up! Convention.

 Part of this award is to share it with 5 other blogs I love to visit.  Really hard for me to narrow this down to just 5, there are so many gorgeous blogs I visit on a regular basis.   Here they are in no particular order:

1.  Leslee Holston
2. Just Add Ink
3. Debi Ryan
4. Bron Heslop
5. Delys Cram

If you are after inspiration, I definitely recommend having a look at the artwork available on these gorgeous blogs!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you and another beautiful card- I will be casing this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love how you did the river bank with the edge of your stamp pad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very effective Paula, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful result using the reflection technique. I hope spring is not too far away!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Paula - that's amazing. Wanna come and stay the weekend with me? :-) (so we can stamp the last of winter away!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Paula! A really effective way of doing the river bank.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful Card Paula, and what a great idea for doing the river bank. Might have to try that out myself one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is INCREDIBLE! I love it! Is the scene two pieces of cardstock joined together or just one? If its just one, did you cover one half and wipe ink pad and then do the other half? Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!!! This is stunning! I'm wondering the same as Tania! (Yes ... the questions makes sense to me Tania!) Love the colours and the techniques! You are soooooo clever, Paula! Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥