Wednesday, September 22, 2010

DAFFODIL DELIGHT

I have seen some many Daffodils around lately and I honestly thought that meant summer was coming!  You should have seen the snow on the hills this morning!  I haven't seen it that low for a couple of years.  This weather bomb is creating havoc!  So while creating in my craft space yesterday, I thought I would do a bright and cheery card to remind me what summer actually is!!

I have used Garden Green and Daffodil Delight to gather the colours of summer around.  I have also used the crayon resist technique, which I haven't done for quite some time.  I really like this technique because I don't have to get out my heat gun, but the result is very similar to emboss resist.  Of course, this technique means I get to sponge!!
I hope I have inspired you to break out your white crayons and have a go too!

Stamps:  Every Moment, Sincere Salutations
Ink:  Basic Black, Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight
Card:  Basic Black, Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla
Accessories: White Crayon, Sponges, Brads, Post-it-note (for masking the sun)

10 comments:

  1. Oh! Thanks for the reminder about crayon resist. I need to get myself some decent crayons for this technique ... but your card has my fingers itching to do the same. What a stunning colour combo! You are a star Paula!!! Hugs xxaxx
    PS I have also been wondering if spring is ever going to get here. It certainly is very slow this year. But ... with an expected 25 on Monday ... perhaps it will finally arrive! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, This card is so lovely, so clean and fresh. I wouldn't have thought to use crayon resist technique with this stamp set. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful, cheery card. Love the brayering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving that garden green & per usual I'll rename you Queen of Sponge - ab fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card Paula, lovely colours.
    The weather has been bad in the north, hope the bad weather clears up soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Paula. I love the layout and the wonderful spectrum of colour you created. I'm going to have to try crayon resist!!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Daffodils look fantastic, beautiful work.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Paula - thank you for the dose of sunshine! Love your work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is stunning Paula! Love the graduation of colour you have achieved with your sponging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this card, and the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥