Sunday, September 26, 2010

CHERRY CHRISTMAS

I am so in love with the new colours in the Stampin'Up! Colour Families!  My favourite by far is Cherry Cobbler.  Such a deep, rich red, full of body like a fine red wine!  I had to use it as a base for this cute Christmas card.  Teamed with Very Vanilla, I think it is a striking combination.  What do you think?

I have used this lovely combination of colour to do a Glitter window in the card.  This is such a fun and easy technique to do, but really effective.  I love anything shiny!  I have used the big bauble from the Tree Trimmings stamp set behind the glitter window.  So pretty!  Teamed with the Top Note die, I think this card has a real Old World feel about it.  Here is a close up of the glitter window:

 If you would like to know how to do this technique, I would be happy to bring a class to you.  Just use the "Contact Me" button on the right to drop me a line!

9 comments:

  1. I love your card, the glitter window just adds that special extra to it and Cherry Cobbler is a lovely deep colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely is this card - love your glitter window! You are so clever Paula.

    Cherry Cobbler is my new fave too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fablous. Looks like I will have to buy more dazzling diamonds...again. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this card is full of sparkly goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another vote for Cherry Cobbler! I am surprised how much I love it considering that I am not into reds that much. But ... I do love this colour. Wow! Paula! This is stunning. Simple idea but such a WOW card! I am so hanging to try this glitter window out! Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a great effect Paula, very clever! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥