Sunday, September 19, 2010

BOW TUTORIAL #2

Well, I thought I had manged to lose all my tutorial photo's!  BUT, thank goodness, I managed to locate them again - whew!!  So here is the second tutorial in the set of three I promised you:

Using a pair of long nosed tweezers, make a loop with your choice of ribbon, with the small tail underneath the long tail.

"Wrap" the long tail around the loop and the tweezers. 

You should see the long tail of ribbon behind the loop you have just made.

 Holding the two loops secure, pull the long tail through the last loop you made with your tweezers. 
 
 
This will form the other side of the bow.

Holding the two ribbon tails, pull the knot tight and adjust the tails until you have the bow size you require for your project.

I have to admit, that this is my preferred method of bow tying.  While it takes a bit of practice, it is well worth it in the end.  It doesn't matter what type or size of ribbon you use, this method will always give a great result.  I have used wide organza through to slim satin and always had the perfect bow after a bit of tweaking!  I hope you like this method as much as I do.  ENJOY!


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Another great tutorial that I can add a link to on my blog! Thanks for sharing, Paula ... I just know my blog groupies will love me for showing them this one! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, love your blog. I think I'm missing something cause I"ve tried this three times and when I pull the two loops it all comes apart. Thanks for sharing. Irene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥