Monday, August 23, 2010

GUEST ARTIST - NICKIE GEORGE

I am so lucky!  I get to meet all manner of people at the workshops I run.  I also get to meet some VERY talented artists too.  I met Nickie George yesterday and she makes the MOST amazing cakes!  While that is impressive by itself, what impressed me even more is that Nickie uses Stampin' Up! product to help with the decoration!!!!  Can you guess what she has used here?

It is the "Watercolour Vine" Stampin' Around Wheel!  Nickie has used the wheel to create the vines around the outside of the gorgeous castle cake.  How clever is she?!!  She told me that after checking the wheel was clean of all other product, she rolled it in icing sugar before rolling on fondant.  What a fantastic idea!  How versatile is Stampin' Up! that we can even use it on our baking, lol

Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous idea with us Nickie!  Please be sure to leave Nickie lots of comment love, won't you?!

2 comments:

  1. That's an amazing cake! Makes my mouth water.... Very cool that you use SU stuff on your cakes, Nickie - clever girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥