Friday, August 20, 2010

CHOCOLATE ALBUM

I love making mini albums to put photo's in, so the JUST ADD INK colour challenge this week suited my project to a tee!  Here are the colours for JAI #31:

I love this colour combination.  I am a real "Earth" colours girl!  As soon as I saw the challenge I knew just what I wanted to do!

My Mother-in-law is a  gorgeous Lady who lives quite a way from us and she only has two grand children.  What better way for her to keep their photo's close at hand than a mini album?  I made this from old cardstock I had lying around (never throw anything away!), and covered it in Chocolate Chip designer paper.  Using Rub Ons from the soon to be retired Chit Chat range, I added a small but gorgeous sentiment to the front.  The inserts were made by using Cellophane bags I normally use to protect my cards.  I have handmade the roses on the front of the album, by punching circles out of card stock, cutting each into a spiral, then I used Crytsal Effects to secure into a rose shape and adhere them to the front of the album.  These little suckers are NOT coming off in a hurry!

 I have used the "Little Leaves" die cut in the Big Shot to create the leaves in Kraft (soon to be renamed Crumb Cake) and sponged very lightly in Old Olive.  The finishing touches are the gems and pearls I have added to the rose centres.

Mum can just slip the photo's she wants on hand into the sleeves of the album and leave the book nice and handy to look at.  I hope she likes it!

Pop on over to Just Add Ink to see all the gorgeous submissions for this great challenge.  The Deign Team have put up some gorgeous examples.  Cant wait to see what YOU come up with!

9 comments:

  1. Paula, this album is divine! What a gorgeous gift. Love those roses; thanks for telling us how you made them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula this is stunning. I love the flowers on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your MIL is going to love this lovely handmade gift in which to store some beautiful photos! Love the flowers on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a special gift!! I love the pearls inside the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, the roses are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The album is stunning Paula! Such a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula my inspiration is all around, There are some very talented ladies out including you. Thanks you beautiful comment. You album is just stunning and roses are perfect.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your m-i-l must be really special ... this is a beautiful gift and keepsake! Gorgeous, Paula! Hugs Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥