Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BIRTHDAY NO: 2

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have a number of Birthdays coming up (non-family!) and I just love giving handmade cards.  This little cutie is an Easel Card.  They are fun to make and have a real WOW factor to them.  I have used the All a Flutter Butterfly, which is sold as a separate stamp from the Stampin' Up! A la Catre range.  At just $15.95, it is a great way to start your stamp collection.

I have added Dazzling Diamonds to the flight path and it really shimmers beautifully in the light.  A trio of brads holds the card open so it can be admired, but there is also room for a message behind them.  The sentiment is a sneak peak of a divine punch set coming out in the new catalogue which launches on the 1st of September.  Can't wait to show you more creations with new and exciting product!

Stamps:  Perfect Punches, All a Flutter
Card:  Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Piercing tool & mat, brads, adhesive, 2 way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Chocolate Chip Marker, Cutter Kit

10 comments:

  1. Love the flight path you have made for this butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula this is very pretty!! I LOVE the easel cards. I think its time I did another one of these. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Paula. Love how you've used faux suede on one of the layers, too. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have sooooo got to try one of these easel cards! This is gorgeous ... and I can imagine how pretty that Dazzling Diamonds is! Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, that's come out nice Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Love the butterfly anyway, but I love how you have linked the words together.

    My birthday is in January (thought I would give you plenty of time to make me a special card like this ...). Thanks for sharing!! Sharlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous, I have just got that stamp, yet to ink it up though. Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great card Paula. Love that butterfly - it looks so real!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥