Sunday, July 18, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

It is my Dad's birthday tomorrow and I wanted to surprise him with (another!) handmade card.  I have to admit that his 70th card was always going to be hard to beat.  But I think I have come close with this one.  I have gone for a weathered/aged (no thats not a dig, Dad!) look.  The technique I have used to roll the edges was taught to me by Delys Cram and you can see her work of art here.  I love the look of this aged edge.  I have used the Retired Stamp Set - Coast to Coast for the main image and En Francais for the background.
Hope you have a great day Dad - love you!

11 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, a real work of art! I am sure your dad is going to love it and especially the love that went into making it for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW - speechless...gorgeous, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Gorgeous card Paula and perfect for a Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Paula. This is divine - your Dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it Paula, love the aged effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Paula! This is simply stunning! You have captured so much in this card! This is REALLY inspirational ... and I am sure your dad will know how much love went into this one! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Paula. You're going to have to come up with something pretty amazing to top this for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is drop dead gorgeous Paula! What a beautiful card for your Dad to treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are amazing, that is just stunning. I am sure your Dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥