Wednesday, June 2, 2010

LOVELY AS A TREE PIZZA BOX

When I do workshops for other people, I always make a door prize that can be won by one of the attendees.  I like to show the versatility of the Stampin' Up! products.  Think outside the square, we are MORE than just scrap book and card supplies!  I will fill this wee Pizza box with chocolates or another hand made product.  I always hope that it will inspire the receiver to have a go at making things themselves!

 I have used my favourite stamp set "Lovely as a Tree" to create the topper.  First, I spritzed water on the Very Vanilla card stock to get it nice and wet.  Inked up and stamped my image.  This causes the ink to run all over the place, a really awesome effect.  Once dry, I stamp the image again for nice crisp lines.  I have added faux stitching and ribbon to match the colours I have used, then "grunged" and tore a co-coordinating piece of card stock mat.

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree
Card Stock: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Accessories: Soft Suede coordinating ribbon, dimensionals, paper piercing tool, Chocolate Chip marker, Sticky Strip, Water bottle

7 comments:

  1. yummy yummy yummy as usual!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow .... this is great Paula .... love the techniques, an awesome effect ....and you certainly fooled me with your faux stitching - looks soo real. Love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, Paula - and like Tui, I was convinced your stitching was real! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, will have to try this technique, I love the effect it has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! I haven't tried this technique before ... and now am itching to give it a go! TFS ... just gorgeous, Paula! I'm sure your guests will all be fighting over this one! Hugs Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project Paula, this is beautiful. Will have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥