Monday, June 14, 2010

JAI #21

The challenge for Just Add Ink this week is a sketch challenge.  You can use this sketch for any project you wish to create and use it as a rough guide.  Again I decided to create a Scrapbook page, mainly because I have so many photo's that are just sitting in a box, that never see the light of day!

I found a very colourful photo of my daughter when she was about 6 years old.  She looks so sweet and innocent!  Those of you who follow my blog will know she has just celebrated her 16th! Birthday.  Sixteen year old Girls are a law unto themselves, so this page serves as a reminder of what was and what (I desperately hope) is to come!

The colours I have used on this page were completely dictated by the Duvet cover she is sitting on and the clothes she is wearing.  For a change, I am happy with the way the page has turned out.

7 comments:

  1. My DD has just turned 17 and she wants me to scrapbook an old pic of hers. This is just lovely, Paula. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Paula. Great interpretation of the sketch.....even before you started! You just can't make rubbish, can you? :-) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to bring back some old memories! Its such a good idea - to not just think Scrapbooking is for 'current' pics - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great page, Paula. Being the mother of a teenager myself, I had to laugh. I'm sure she's still beautiful (just in a 'different' way)!! Love the 'dripping' border, and the little hearts. Great touches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page Paula ....loove the title, so very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol - awesome title! Love how you've used the colours from the photo, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great layout Paula!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥