Sunday, June 27, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUBBY!!

Well, I promised to show the cards I made for my husband's birthday, and here is the first one.  I find male cards particularly hard to make, so am always thrilled when I come up with an idea that works.  I am also pleased when my husband likes them, as he is my harshest (but fairest) critic!  This card is really a present in a card and was inspired by a swap I received from Patrice Halliday-Larsen.  Go check out Patrice's work, she is such a talent and I am continually inspired by her!

I have used the "Lots of Bots" set, but didn't want the little boy look with the robots on this peice.  I only used the Nuts and Bolts, and I then used DSP to add more interest.

Once you slide the belly band off, that's when it gets really interesting!  Inside, I have created a double pocket and added tags.  The first tag holds my message and Birthday sentiment, the second, holds a gift card!  My husbands reaction was great.  He thought this wee card was the best I had made him yet.  I take that project as successful!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Paula! A cool card - hope he had a lovely birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect - I'm sure he loved the vouchers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥