Friday, June 4, 2010

BUTTERFLY BROOCH

As much as I loved all the Convention swaps I received, there was one in particular, that took my breath away.  Not a card, or scrap page, but a Butterfly Brooch!  It is so gorgeous, I just had to come back and try to make one myself.  As it turns out, I have made 6!!  The Upper Hutt Craft Market is on this Saturday and I just had to make a few of these little beauties to sell.

The original one I received was made by Pam Jorgensen, a very talented fellow Demonstrator!  I would love to show you more of her work, but haven't been able to locate a blog site for her :-( 
This was my first attempt and I was thrilled with how well it turned out.  They are quite easy once you get the hang of them, but very time consuming.  Lots of waiting around for things to dry,  but well worth the wait, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. pretty pretty , I will be making some brooches for sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh Paula I loved this one too! I wasn't lucky enough to get one in a swap though. :-) I would love some instructions if you have some. Cannot wait to have a go at doing this too!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Paula! I was glad to get one of Pam's too - I don't know if I have the patience to make one (and a safe place away from little boys to let each layer dry!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula, glad you have had a play so you can tell me any secrets! I wasn't lucky enought to get the brooch, but the earingsl Did you need to layer 2 pieces of cs together with crystal effects & leave to dry before stamping & cutting? Would love to make them with my stamp club, but worried about dring time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula this is wonderful. you wouldnt even know it's a stamped image. Like all the last ladies I would love to learn how you have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to have some instructions for this one!! I read the above comments and read that there are layers and crystal effects involved, but would love to know more details. I have tons of butterfly stamps so that's the easy part. I've never tried any jewelry making but this got my attention even though you did it years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥