Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BEFORE I GO M.I.A

I want to get one last post done before I go Missing In Action.  Seems I have some real nasties on my computer and it is going to have to go to the Doctors for a check up.  I have managed to clean it up enough to post this at least before I go!!  Technology - who needs it?!!!

This is the second Birthday card I made for my daughter to give to my husband on his birthday.  I was pretty pleased with this one.  Who said men don't like a bit of bling!  I put Dazzling Diamonds on one of the gifts and a peice of ribbon on the project too.  My husband was really impressed with this one.

I have used an image from the SAB stamp set Happy Moments.  It is such a cute set and the pile of presents was just what I was after.  I know I have gone all grey again-but really like monotones anyway!  I have also used the Colour Spritzer tool to add texture to the card base and also a bit of hardware.  Guys like hardware!  By grunging the card stock, I have still managed to keep the card masculine, even with ribbon and glitter on it!

So, I don't know when I will be back.  But don't abandon me, will you?  It is only a temporary interuption to transmission!!  Love you all!

8 comments:

  1. This is fab Paula!! I can see why your hubby loved it. And, the monotone is very effective. I can sympathise with you when it comes to computers... Hope you're not gone for too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula once again you have nailed it!!! I so love what you create. It just makes me want to grab my stamps and have a go!!! Well done Paula, you are an inspiration my friend. :-) Hopefully your sick computer won't be long till it is all better again. Will miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect male card - will have to do these colours and stop thinking "blue" for a man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing that, Paula - I love it. Don't be gone too long, y'hear?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both cards you made for your husband, Paula - sure doesn't look like you struggle with male cards! They're great!

    CONGRATULATIONS on joining the Design Team over at Just Add Ink - very exciting news! You go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. another awesome card Paula, you set the standard so high hun!! hehe
    AND super duper for you to get picked for the DT on JAI - such a worthy person! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Paula. I'll be waiting in anticipation for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card Paula. The grey on grey, hardware & bling work really well together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥