Friday, June 18, 2010

BAMBOO BIRD

Now while I am in Auckland, I thought I would leave you all with another post.  This is what happens when I get to playing and really should be working instead!  I love this level two Hostess set "Asian Artistry".  It really lends itself to the sponging cards I so love to do.  If you would like this set too, then you will need to see me about booking a workshop!  Why pay for a stamp set when you just might earn it for FREE!

The bamboo and bird are one stamp, but I have chosen to use the bamboo separately to smarten up the base card and carry the main theme through. You can do this a couple of ways: 1.  Very carefully ink up your stamp directly on the ink pad, or 2. Use our wonderful range of markers and ink only the parts of your stamp you actually want!  I have used our Stampin' Pastels and a blender pen to colour the wee birdie.  I have used torn paper as a guide for sponging the mountains and then "spot" sponged the sky.

Stamps: Asian Artistry
Card Stock: Garden Green, Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks: Basic Black, Garden Green, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Sponges, adhesive

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Paula. The way the bamboo moves from the background to the image is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant and stylish, Paula! Love how you have carried the image onto the border. Hugs Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wanted to say it was great to see you again this weekend. Some time soon we need to sit down and 'stamp n' play' together!! I need a trip to Wellington SOON!!!
    Also thanks for the awesome presentation you did today, I really enjoyed it and I was glad to hear you did too! you are a star!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥