Sunday, May 16, 2010

SOFT SUEDE TREES

One of the most versatile sets I have in the SU range is "Lovely as a Tree".  You can build scenes with this set, it is great for male oriented cards, just because cards, and even Christmas cards.  I love sets that have multiple uses.
In the month of June, I will be holding a couple of classes to spotlight this wonderful stamp set.  Keep an eye on my upcoming events, and register your seat to see some of the delicious projects you can create with just one stamp set.

In the meantime, this is a wee card I demonstrated at the workshop I held for a lovely group of ladies yesterday.  This wee gem doesn't need any embellishments, so makes for a lovely cheap card to make, but with a lot of WOW anyway!  Of course, I can't demo anything without breaking out my sponges!  Using a post-it-note to mask the moon and sponging Soft Suede on Very Vanilla card stock, I very gently darkened the bottom of my Vanilla card.  Removed the mask and stamped my Pine Tree image repeatedly to create the "forest".  A simple sentiment and Viola!  All Done!

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Sweet Little Sentiments
Inks: Soft Suede, Basic Black
Card Stock: Soft Suede, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand

11 comments:

  1. Another stunner Paula. I love the versatility of this set, I was thinking of using it myself this afternoon with my brayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning like always, I wish I could attend and learn to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't inked this set up yet and it was one of my first purchases. You've certainly inspired me to do so...this is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Paula. I really don't know how this set hasn't managed to come and live at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. I love everything about this card. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Such a simple but stunning creation! Thanks for sharing the details so we can try it for ourselves! Love the colours you have chosen. Have to say ... Soft Suede is a fav of mine at the moment! And ... I have convinced a few skeptics to buy it ... and they are also now sold!!! Off to check out some more of your gorgeous creatons! Hugs xxAxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know I love your work! hehe
    But a little birdy told me its your BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!! so a BIG happy birthday wish from me for tomorrow - early I know but we fly out tomorrow so might be a bit busy and don't want to miss out sending our birthday wishes to you!!!! What a great birthday treat for you spending the weekend in Sydney!! see you there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifully stunning & happy birthday! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card and it was so much fun to make. Have always loved this set.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥