Thursday, May 6, 2010

MOTHERS DAY FOR MIL

I have shared with you the card I made for my Mother a few posts ago and now I would like to show you the one I made for my darling Mother-in-law.  She is 85 years old, and an amazing woman.  I love her to bits.

It is the first time I have used Asian Artistry, which is a new level 2 Hostess set.  It is a beautiful set and I knew I just had to have it!  You can have it too, with a qualifying workshop.  So, don't waste time - book your workshop with me today!
  I have stamped and coloured on our watercolour paper, cut out and used dimensionals to add three layers to the flower.  It is kinda hard to see in the photo, but it gives the image a real 3D look.  I have sponged Certainly Celery onto Whisper White card stock, darkening as I went toward one corner.

Stamps: Asian Artistry
Card Stock: Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Ribbon, Corduroy Brad, half Pearls, dimensionals, adhesive, sponges

9 comments:

  1. I adore this card, it is gorgeous, love your work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOOTIFUL!!!! I love the colours too, another lovely sponging job also, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, your Mother In-law will love it.
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Paula for stopping by my blog and taking the time to say hi! I just had to return the favour ... and am so glad that I popped by! I have enjoyed reading through some of your past posts! You have such an elegant style to your card making! Love the sponged shading on this one! Have a happy day! Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Paula! Just when I think I've seen your best work, you pull something better out. You're amazing! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep that is amazing & you are the Queen of sponging

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Paula for sharing your amazing cards with us. You are such an inspiration, it was after seeing this post yesterday that inspired me to use this stamp set. Thanks Paula have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card. I'm sure you MIL will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet your MIL was thrilled to receive such a stunning card! Hope you're having a lovely Mother's day too! Inky hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥