Monday, May 31, 2010

JAI #19 COLOUR CHALLENGE

Well, it's been a while since I have had the time to sit down and enter any challenges, but this week I scraped together enough time to enter the Just Add Ink colour challenge.  And here it is:

Now, while I have the card stock colours I needed, the only ink colour I had to match was Elegant Eggplant.  What to do!!  The solution I came up with is to paper piece my images.  To do that, you simply stamp multiple images on the different coloured card stock, carefully cut out the portions you needed and adhere to the base image on your card!  Easy peasy and really effective!

Now, these colours on their own are bright, but put together and you need your Sunnies on, lol!  So rather than make the card really over the top by adding embellishments, I chose to use only the colours for effect.  I also had the added interest of making an Easel card, rather than your garden variety stand alone card.  The stamp set I used is the new "Lots of Bots" from our Autumn/Winter Mini catalogue.  A really cute and male oriented set and great value at $29.95 for the set of 5 stamps.

10 comments:

  1. Very clever! Love the clean lines of this card, Paula. Great job thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooo cool Paula I love how you have used the card for colour, clever chick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic Paula! I love the simple layout and the colours really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really effective as an easel card, very patient with the paper piecing thoughx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you made a good choice ... not to overload. Love the way you managed the lack of EE stamp pad! FAB idea! Hugs xxAxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific boys card Paula. Great paper piecing, some of those bits are tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is incredible, Paula! So clean and perfect! Love it to bits! xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. me too and cant wait to get this stamp now you enabler you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO CUTE! Love the way you've pieced that - what a clever way to get around not having ink!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, my current favourite set! I love how you've coloured it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥