Wednesday, May 12, 2010

AND ON THAT NOTE.......

Well, it has been a while since I have been able to sit down and do some of my own artwork (in the shape of sponging, of course!), but I finally got a small window of opportunity last weekend!  A few months ago, I created an altered note pad as a team swap, and had a huge response to it.  I thought I would do another, which I plan to use as my door prize for a workshop I am taking this Saturday.  Let me know what you think of the birdie!!!
I have used the new 2 Step Bird punch available in the Autumn/Winter Mini catalogue.  I have seen so many wonderful projects used with this punch - and not restricted to birds either!  A great value and versatile punch at $35.95. 
Altering your own items makes them so personal and great to give as gifts.  Whenever I go shopping, I am always on the look out for things I can either recreate or alter!  I would love to get something like this, if I knew it was made especially for me!!  I also plan to have some of these pads available for sale at the Upper Hutt Crafters market, which is on the first Saturday every month.  Why not drop in, say Hi, and pick one up for someone special?

8 comments:

  1. This is stunning Paula...a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its super as usual Paula!! I love it, we look forward to your sponging masterpieces!! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the night time sponged effect, very effective x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's gorgeous!! I love it. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes just adorable - you are the sponging Queen of NZ all right - we'll start calling you MZ soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, the sponging guru at work! Roll on June! Love it, chick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love how you used white gel pen for highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just yummy Paula! I love how the white highlights make your bird and leaves seem almost 3D. Love the sponging! (Obviously ... a FAB talent of yours!) You have almost convinced me to buy that punch! (Have been resisting ... because I wasn't sure how much I would use it???) Hugs xxAxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥