Monday, April 19, 2010

MARKING 100 YEARS.......

I was very honoured last week to be asked to make a very special Birthday card.  This was a first for me - making a card for someone turning 100 years old!!  What do you do for someone reaching that huge milestone?  I had a helping hand from above with this card.  The day before I was asked, I had been playing around with the new Heart punch from the Winter mini ($13.50) sticking a few together until I came up with (I think) a very realistic and tiny rose.  Couple that with the extra large two step Bird punch ($35.95), I knew what i wanted to do.  I am thrilled with the end result!  The card came up so much better than I had imagined.  I hope Doris likes it too!  Happy 100th Birthday Doris!

I have also added a little bit of bling in the form of pink Rhinestones, and of course, some sponged pink pirouette to soften the starkness of the whisper white card. Layered with certainly celery card stock, I think this colour combination is soft and feminine.



If you have a look at the close up of the roses, you will see the "raindrops" or dew drops? on the roses.  I think it makes them look so much more authentic.






If you would like to know how I made these, then make sure you book into my Flowers Everywhere class on the 8th of May!!  See you then!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love the dew drops on the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg this is stunning and what a clever clogs you are Paula!! Wish I could come to your class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have out done yourself again, very elegant.
    I wish that I live in Upper Hutt so I could come to your class. You are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Paula. I look forward to learning how!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, we ALL wish we lived locally so we could come to your class. Outstandingly beautiful, Paula - you just keep outdoing yourself! Will you make me one of these when I'm 100, please? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Paula! This card is absolutley delightful, and I wish I could come to your class to learn how to make these beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure Doris will love your card Paula! Everything about it is gorgeous. When is your next trip to Akld? I'd be happy for you to hold a class or two at my place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. how did I miss this??????
    BEAUTIFUL - just like you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥