Sunday, April 18, 2010

ITS BLACK & WHITE, REALLY......

Now and again, I like to challenge myself to use only a couple of products from the fabulous Stampin' Up! range and do two or more cards (or 3d items) with the same product.  In this case, I used only Black, white and Gray card stock and the same two stamp sets for both.  I wanted to show you how you can create two cards for different occasions, using basically the same products.  All I have done is change the colour combinations and used different embellishments to achieve this.

This card doesn't use any black card stock, but varying shades of gray instead on a white card base.  A simple ribbon embellishment and the addition of rhinestones gives this wee card an elegant and romantic feel.  Perfect for a wedding!
Using the same grays, but adding a black base card gives this wee card a more somber feel.  Off with the rhinestones, I have added a wee bow from the same satin ribbon and added a coordinating button for a bit of interest.  I would use this as a bereavement card or a wee note to someone I care about to say I am thinking of them.

For both of these cards I have used the Very Vintage Wheel from the new Winter Mini catalogue and sentiments from the SAB set Whimsical Words (no longer available).  I have also used Going Gray and Basic Gray ink.

It just goes to show, that if you are new to card making or scrap booking, it doesn't need to be a huge outlay to begin with.  A couple of products can be used in various ways.  Need ideas?  Then watch out for my classes (on the right of my blog).  If one appeals, then book yourself in to learn.  You won't be disappointed!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Paula. I love them - elegantly simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just lovely Paula .... very striking and very elegant, love the simplicity and so very adaptable for any occasion .... love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog and the tutorial on Just Add Ink....Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are fantastic Paula. Great showcase of using limited supplies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥