Thursday, April 15, 2010

ASIAN INSPIRED

I had a bit of an Asian thing going on the other day while in my craft room!  I made both Shanghai Moon and this wee card in the same day.  I had gotten away from the sponging I so love to do for a while there, and thought I had better get back to it again.  I love creating scenes with this technique.  You are only limited by your imagination!

I hope you like this one as much as you liked Shanghai Moon!  I have used the same stamps sets, but just changed the colours I have used.  If you feel inspired to try this, why not invest in these two sets?  Give me a call or drop me a line to place an order!  Eastern Influence (4 stamps in the set) is just $39.95, while Embrace Life is $53.95, with 5 in the set.

Stampin' Up! supplies I have used are:
Stamps:  Eastern Influence, Embrace Life
Card Stock:  Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Going Grey, Basic Grey, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Basic Black
Accessories: Post-it-Notes (for masking), adhesive

7 comments:

  1. hi Paula, i am always amazed by your sponging work, your work is of such a high quality. and yes i love this card and the shanghai card you did also, do you simply use the sponge daubers to do all of your sponge work as im yet to give this technique a go
    Sharna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful creation from the studio of Paula! Well done, chick - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula this card is another of your stunners. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comments girls!
    Sharna - I use the SU sponges, cut into 6's. I punch the round tab punch in the colour CS that matches the ink, then staple that to the sponge. It gives me something to hold on to while sponging and I never have to wash them because I use them with the same colour over and over. I can also find the colour I need quickly because of the CS tab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Like what you do with the sponges. Great little tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a brillant idea with the cardstock on the sponge! I wouldn't of thought to do that. I just look for a 'yellow one' or a 'brown one' heehee. it would stop getting iikky fingers too! TFS oh and your card, well more of a work of art than just a card, is STUNNING!!!! as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥