Tuesday, April 13, 2010

ALL A FLUTTER FOR MUM

I have combined my JAI #12 challenge entry this week with Mothers Day, which is just around the corner!  This is the card I will be sending to my Mother.  My Mum is forever doing things for other people and has just returned from a month in Australia, while she took care of my very sick Great Aunt.  You rock Mum!  Kim, if you see this blog, you have to KEEP Mum, okay?!





This weeks challenge is a sktech challenge.  Here is the image we were given to work with:





I have used the All a Flutter stamp out of the new Winter Mini.  At just $15.95 for the single stamp, it is a great place to start if you are new to crafting.  This stamp lends to itself really well to colouring and layering.  I have made my butterfly more dimensional by cutting out a second set of wings on the top half of the Butterfly and popping them on the original image with SU dimensionals.

I have also added Dazzling Diamonds to the "eyes" on the wing for a bit of bling.  Of course, I had to include sponging!  I think this is the first entry to JAI that I have used this technique!  I finished the card with a flat satin ribbon and coordinated brads for interest.

Happy Mothers Day Mum!!  I hope you like your card.  Love you!

15 comments:

  1. That is stunning Paula, I'm sure your Mum will love it! You are so talented at creating scene cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Paula this is amazing!! Just everything is gorgeous it stood out on my browse of the entries. Now... just to get myself motivated!!! LOL
    Have a great day
    Anne E

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! I love the colours you have used your Mum should love it too

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning Paula!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your Mum is going to LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the brads on the ribbon, the sponging and the beautiful colouring, sparkle and dimension of the butterfly. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with this week's sketch at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Paula, this is STUNNING! The butterfly looks so real, like it's about to fly off the page! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Paula. Your Mum will love it. Funny how we've all starting crafting in Autumn colours about now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stunning Paula ....your cards are brillant pieces of Art ... love the buttefly, he is just gorgeous and soo realistic ... well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto, ditto, ditto...this is stunning! Love the rich autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paula, you've done it again! BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a new follower!
    Got it atlast, i love all your cards

    love Una
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paula, your card is beautiful. Love everything about it. :) Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love the colors and sponging. The brads in the ribbon are a great added detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥