Friday, April 30, 2010

2ND CLASS CARD, AS PROMISED

In my class last week, my lovely ladies learnt all about two step stamping, but I also showed them how to make their own designer papers.  Creating your own papers allows you to coordinate with the card stock and elements you are using at the time.  If you can't find a paper to match - you can make it yourself!  The card we made was an idea I got from the very talented Danielle Daws.  Danielle kindly put a tutorial up on the Just Add Ink site.  She has also provide a .pdf you can download for Free!  Thanks Danielle!

This is also another technique card using "Crayon Resist".  Where the card has remained white on the butterfly's wings is where I coloured using white crayon.  When I sponge over those areas with ink, they resist the ink and remain white.  My ladies all thought this was a fantastic project and a great way to make a single layer card look spectacular!

Stamps:  All A Flutter and a sentiment stamp
Card Stock: Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Inks: Staz On Black, Certainly Celery, So Saffron
Accessories: Adhesive, Ribbon, White Crayon, Sponges

5 comments:

  1. i like these colours, and love the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Paula - I'm sure your ladies were VERY happy! Looking forward to your class up here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card and a great idea Paula! I must give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Paula! The ladies would have had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made my day! That looks FABULOUS with the butterfly stamp!

    I've nominated you for a Sunshine Award on my blog today.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥