Monday, March 1, 2010

TOGETHER

As much as I love sponging, I have been wanting to try my hand at watercolouring.  Traditionally, I would use a paint brush, but Stampin' Up! have these cool little tools called "Aqua Painters".  They come in a set of two, one fine tip, one broad, and are $23.50.  You simply fill the reservoir with water and away you go.  I chose one of my favourite sets "Summer by the Sea" (now retired) to practice on and am extremely pleased with the result.

While you can use this method of painting on our regular card stock, the watercolour paper ($16.25 for a pack of 20 sheets) is the best way to go for a truly watercolour effect.  Don't be daunted to try this great technique, the art work is already done for you.  Simply colour in your masterpiece!!  I would love to show you how, so why not book a workshop with me?  Just drop me a line and book into March.  You will be able to take advantage of the Sale-a-bration period to earn some FREE goodies at the same time!

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Paula! I've never used the watercolour paper or aqua painter, but am inspired me to do so now. Maybe this is the trick to get it to look so amazing! I usually use my blender pen and card stock, with average results.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥