Monday, March 15, 2010

JUST ADD EASTER

This weeks Just Add Ink challenge is to come up with an Easter Project.  I have seen some gorgeous acetate boxes, admired them from afar, and never attempted one my self.  I bought a lovely golden Easter Egg and built the box around it.  I have actually combined this challenge with another project I had to do on another website.
I was given some Kiwi Kiss ribbon to use, along with SU sticky cuts and a mini bulldog clip.  I decided to leave the box fairly plain, because the colour combination of Kiwi Kiss and Real Red has a lot going on!  I dressed it up slightly by adding a tag sentiment with the clip.  The Sticky Cut flower I adhered to Real Red card stock and then sprinkle liberally with chunky glitter.  Lastly, I added a couple of crimped leaves and dressed the Egg up instead.

 I am really pleased with how my first attempted at an acetate box turned out.  This is a gift for a very special friend who has inspired me to have a go, and given encouragement and help along my journey in Stampin Up!  I really hope she likes it!

12 comments:

  1. You've done it Again!!!! brilliant, looks fab and stylish. x xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous box Paula ..and what a gorgeous present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so cool Kiwi Kiss and All! another wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Debi - you've done it again! Gorgeous, babe! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant ... I really like this a lot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous Paula!! I love it, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Paula. Where do you get your acetate? Thanks for playing at JAI!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is oh so beautiful Paula ... you have made a simple acetate box look so pretty and very professional .... well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - brilliant! Love the colours you've used! Thanks for playing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work, Paula. It's always a pleasure to see what you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're very clever Paula and this is another creative masterpiece. The recipient is very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yu Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yu Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yu Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yu Yum Yum Yum

    get the idea! this is brill Paula and like the others said 'as usual' you set the bar so high!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥