Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WHERE IS POLLY?

For those of you who don't know, my nickname is Polly.  I have been commissioned to do a piece of Artwork for a Kiwi friend who now lives in Australia.  Before I attempt something bigger, I thought I had better practice on a card!  Can you tell me where in New Zealand this landmark is?

I have taken inspiration from Malcolm Warr, a New Zealand artist who used to live in Waikanae.  He is known for his screen prints, but sadly no longer makes them.  He now lives in Australia too (why is everyone leaving?!) and concentrates on etchings.

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Card Stock: Garden Green, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Inks: Garden Green, Basic Gray, Going Gray, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze

Accessories: Sponges, Adhesives

If you would like to learn how to do this sponging technique, then why not come to my classes?  I am holding an intermediate class on the 13th of March.  One of the projects we will be making is very similar to this card.  Email me to register your seat!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Paula, this is really amazing! I'm sure Malcolm would think so too. I wish I could attend one of your sponging technique classes. Maybe one day...(sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Bron - it is Rangitoto -Go to the top of the class!!
    Debbie, your wish may come true sooner than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHY? Are you coming to teach us sponging? Say it's true!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to come and teach you sponging. Never say never!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥