Sunday, February 21, 2010

NOW, WHERE DID I PUT MY.......

Phone?  If you are anything like me, you put things down only to promptly forget where you put it!!  This weeks Just Add Ink challenge (JAI5) was to "Just add Dimension".  I added dimension all right!  I made a cell phone holder!!  Now if I can just remember where I put it.....................

I had a definite plan in my head when I came up with this design.  I want to use "text talk" and I also wanted the "hangy offy" bits that the kids like on their cell phones these days!  I had to make the "hangy offy" bit myself because I don't have one myself!  I used DMC silk and some large clear pink beads.  I made a tassel, then threaded the beads into that before attaching to the card.  I went digital for the wording and used my computer.  I printed off they sayings on Vary Vanilla card stock, then grunged things up a bit.  Using my Cutter Kit, I then destressed the edges of my card stock before adhering to the base card.  I then added half pearls for a bit of "Bling".  I am really pleased with how this turned out.

I would love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment when you are done visiting!!

21 comments:

  1. This is VERY awesome Paula. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never seen this idea before. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool idea. So are you going to do a tutorial for it. Would love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Paula, how very original, clever and sooo practical .... terrific idea, love it... well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finished product,It looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very cool. My 16 year old daughter would love this project. I think a tutorial is definitely in order!!!! Pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it love it love it Paula. Another fantastic project. What a great idea would look gr8t on any crafters desk. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your lovely comments. I guess I will have to shake a tail feather and write a tutorial on this project after all! I haven't done one before and don't have any notes written up on this, so give me a bit of time and check back now and then to see when I post it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Paula! Would love to see it IRL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Paula! Even hubby thought it was 'cool' and wants one for his desk! Will have to check back for the tutorial!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! What a brilliant idea! And a perfect gift for someone who "has everything"... Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant project! I would like a tutorial as well, please! and Congrats on winning. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOO HOO! Go Paula! Congratulations on your Top 5 placing with Just Add Ink....... AGAIN!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous idea Paula! Your phone holder looks great. I really love the bling and grunged up bits...awesome details!

    Best wishes,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Paula...what a fabulous project! I'll look forward to the tutorial:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great original idea! Thanks for sharing:) Can't wait for your tutorial to CASE you:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A terrific idea! The perfect addition to complement any desk set. Can't wait for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my giddy Aunt how fab, will you be doing a tutorial...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥