Monday, February 15, 2010

JAI4 COLOUR CHALLENGE

This weeks challenge for Just Add Ink is a colour challenge.  It proved more of a challenge than I first thought.  While I had card stock in these colours, I didn't have any inks!!  Thank goodness for fellow demonstrators who are only too willing to help out a friend!  A BIG thanks to Diane Taylor for letting me use not only her ink, but her stamp (Blooming with Beauty) too!!  These were the colours we needed to include on our projects:


I thought I would try out a couple of different techniques as well, as if the colours weren't challenge enough, lol!!


I stamped the image with Black Staz On.  I coloured direct from the ink pad using a blender pen to create depth in the picture.  I used SU Rubs ons from the Chit Chat set on the ribbon.  These rub ons are fantastic.  You can use them on just about any surface.  Look how well they transferred on to the ribbon!  I created my own button from sage shadow using the technique Danielle Dawes showed us all how to do.  Check out her tutorial HERE.  Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Hi there, I just want to say how lovely your card is and the colours have been used so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You've done an awesome job with the colouring of Blooming With Beauty, it looks so realistic. The rounded corners add elegance too. And of course I love the button you made!! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, Paula! Your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the button link, too - must try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Paula ... what a simply gorgeous creation, your watercolouring is stunning. Had no idea that rub-ons would transfer soo well onto ribbon, thanks for the heads up, and I love the faux button it sets off your card very nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE this stamp set, and it works so well with these colours. The rub-ons are a great idea on the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The finished product looks great, Love the sage shadow button and how cool the rub ons look on ribbon, another wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love how you have coloured the flowers, very life like, and you have balanced the colour combo beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colour in your hydrangeas is just lovely! This card looks fantastic... and what a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out beautifully!! You've done such a great job using the blender pen. The colours look great together because you've achieved a good balance with the composition you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Paula awesome card!!..Love your colouring especially the pot ...very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Paula this is amazing.I thnik I need more practise with the blender pen.
    My hubby grew up in Upper Hutt but has been living in Ausie more than 17 years. When ever we go over we always visit friends there.

    I'm so glad I discovered your blog. I'll be visiting often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Paula! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely, and you've done a fantastic job with the colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, fabulous looking card Paula. love the way you have combined what I thought was an odd colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a winner, eh? You're on a roll, babe! Well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done Paula for coming up with such an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥