Saturday, January 30, 2010

IRRESISTIBLE HEARTS

Keeping with the Valentine theme I started with my last post, I have made a couple more cards along the same lines!  This one is a simple emboss resist card.  I stamped my image on Whisper White card stock in Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then took my trusty sponge (you all know how I LOVE sponging!) and in a circular motion added Real Red Ink, slowly building the colour as I went. 
I decided to leave it as a tone on tone and I am really happy with the simplicity of it.  This is also my entry into the Just Add Ink Challenge (JAI2) for this week.  Click on the badge in my side bar to check all the other beautiful entries!!  Check back here in the next day or so to see the Valentines card I have planned for my husband.  Shhh!!  You have to keep it a secret though!

15 comments:

  1. Oh Paula, I LOVE this! (I don't think you could make a card I didn't like!) You're so clever; this is beautiful in it's simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a staunning card! I love the simplicity of it.You should be proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. red and white. is there anything better? classic and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so gorgeous. Great job with the sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula, I really love the tone on tone look you have with this card. Really effective and eye catching. What a cute use of hearts in this image! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. I love how you have faded the colour outwards. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Paula, another stunner!!! Your work is just so amazing!! Way to go my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this Paula!! simple and effective!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely job, must try his very effective technique

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh that's just stunning in it's simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another lovely card! love the sponging, Well done once again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Paula - You've certainly created a winner here! Love it and hope you don't mind if I case it. Just hope I can do as good a job as you have.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is a one-stop-shop for inspiration. Love everything you've created on here!! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's the first time I have visited you Paula. You do great cards, off to have a looksey at the rest of your blog. THanks for stopping by on mine.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect stamp for this technique! A gorgeous simple but stunning card :)

    S x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥