Tuesday, December 8, 2009

CHRISTMAS APPEAL

I can quite often tell who has made a card by the style of it and until now, I really didn't feel I had a style.  I am a great admirer of Michelle Zindorf (as most of us are!) but find it hard to control a brayer.  I start playing around with sponging instead a few weeks ago and have fallen in love with this technique!  I feel quietly confident that this will become my style!!  I also have some artwork on my walls by a New Zealand artist, Malcolm Warr.  He has produced the most beautiful screen prints over the years.  Sadly (for me) he now lives in Australia and has swapped his prints for etchings.  I have produced a card based on his style and mine, but you will just have to check out my blog during the week to see it, because I haven't been able to take a photo yet!  What a tease I am!



In the meantime, I have been producing Christmas cards to sell at the Fairs and Galas I have been attending.  Most of the cards I have done with my new found technique have sold.  This was the last of them.  I love the Apricot Appeal colour in our range, it is such a warm inviting colour and teams well with Baja Breeze.

Stamp Sets: Lovely as a Tree, Snow Swirled
Card Stock: Apricot Appeal, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Inks: Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Basic Black
Accessories: Snail adhesive, sponges

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Paula! Who needs a brayer when you can do this with sponging? Totally gorgeous card!
    I love my brayer ..must get it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .... Paula, this is beautiful - I love every one of your cards, and your ability to create these beautiful sunsets, and horizon style scenes and just stunning!!! I do enjoy popping back every now and then to see what your up to, and you never cease to amaze me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥