Monday, October 26, 2009

Baja Reflection


I have spent most of today card making for a school Gala I have a stall at this week, along with fellow demo, Diane Taylor.  I have been a mad card making machine!!  But the good news (for me anyway!!) was that I finally managed to acquire the stamp set "Summer by the Sea" I am in LOVE with - Yipee!!  Now I don't need to borrow it from Diane, lol.  THANKS Diane!  Need less to say, that is the one I have been playing with.  This is the beauty I came up with and I just love it.  I have called it "Baja Reflection" because I have used the reflection technique for the first time today and found it not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.  I can feel another class coming on, hehe.

Stamps:  Summer by the Sea
Inks: Staz On Black, Basic Gray
Card Stock: Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Going Gray
Designer Paper: Urban Garden
Accessories: Snail adhesive, Blender Pen, Stampin Pastels, Brads

I also made a "Sour Cream" container with the same DSP.  I closed one end with sticky strip but the other I closed with the same coloured brads I used on the card.  That way, the lucky gift receiver can get to the Chocolates in side without having to cut the end off, and they can reuse it again.

I have also made another "matching" set that will appeal to children.  I inserted a acetate "window" in the container this time, so the little darlings can see all the lollies inside!  Somehow, I don't think this set will be coming home with me after the gala, hahahaha!!

2 comments:

  1. looks fantastic - works so well with the DSP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just BOOTIFUL!!! I love those cute sour cream containers, and thanks for your help yesterday, your so kind

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥