Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Playing with my new toys!

Now that the crafters market is behind me, I have made a concerted effort to play with all my lovely Stampin' Up! toys.  At each workshop I hold, I like to make sure some lucky guest will go away with a little something extra.  I found these sweet little tins that were just begging to be dressed up and altered!  I was very pleased with how it turned out and so was the lovely lady who won the door prize!  I think the chocolate inside had something to do with it as well!




Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Fun & Fast Notes
Papers: Candy Lane
Card Stock: Real Red
Inks: Real Red
Large Oval Punch
Wool and ribbon remnants.






I received the "Organic Grace" stamp set last week and haven't had a chance to play with it, so decided this morning to come up with an idea for the gorgeous stamps.  I am really pleased with how it turned out!  Using only the fern and dragonfly out of the set, I wanted to keep it simple and not overcrowd the card, as I sometimes like to do!  I stamped the wings of the dragonfly on to acetate and bent them slightly once on the body of the dragonfly.  I think it makes the dragonfly look like it is really flying!


Stamps: Organic Grace
Papers: Urbane Garden
Card Stock: Whisper white, Always Artichoke, Basic Grey
Inks: Basic Black & Staz On Black
Round Corner Punch
Stampin Pastels & Daubers
Glue dots and adhesive snail

4 comments:

  1. Your organic grace card looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very Kiwi - really like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, this stamp set wasn't overly doing it for me until I saw your card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous card Paula, its Lisa here (Ellasnana on craftyfingers) I love the stamp and you have really made it look so effective

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥