Saturday, September 5, 2009

First Crafters Market

I had my first display at our local Crafters Market, here in Upper Hutt.  It was fairly quiet though, with the Spring Festival on in the main Street at the same time!!  It was such a beautiful day that everyone in town wanted to be outside not in, where we were!  But it was a great experience for me, since I have never done anything like this before.  I learnt a few things about what sells well and what doesn't, as well as, how best to display things.  I think I went a bit over board, and will trim things down a bit next month!!  The table size was a wee bit smaller than I thought it would be!  I also need to paint my display board black, so the lovely cards will stand out a bit more, I think.

  I did sell some of my cards and a couple of Post-it-Note holders I had made up.  I also had some of the lovely little boxes I had been practising on there to display.  My fliers went home with quite a few people, so all things considered, I was very happy with how the day went.

Bring on the next Market Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Paula! Looks like a very successful day. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥